Centrifan PE Personal Evaporator
Available from Modular SFC, Inc.
The Centrifan PE Personal Evaporator combines the features of a centrifuge and a blow-down evaporator. No vacuum pump is required. Its inherent simplicity means it will run for many years with no maintenance. Its size is ideal for medicinal and other synthetic chemists who need to evaporate small quantities of reaction mixtures. It is also right-sized for drying HPLC and Flash LC fractions of interest. The instrument provides a safe, reliable, and green alternative to other evaporators which may not recover the solvent they evaporate. The total system is priced under $5,000.
• Safe, secure, and rapid evaporation of LC fractions and reaction mixtures
• Centrifugal force ensures maximum sample purity and yield
• Green recovery of solvent because gas recirculates in closed system
• Low cost and reliable because operates without a vacuum pump and produces its own continuous supply of blow down gas
• Performs oxygen free evaporation by bleeding N2 into enclosure at 1L/hour
• Temperature control settable from below ambient to 60°C (runs in a refrigerator for protein work)
• Compatible with aqueous, organic, and acidic solvents
• Rotors for various popular sample containers
• About the size of a stirring-hotplate and just as portable